Check out what’s happening at the Avon Lake Farmers Market at 32801 Electric Blvd (Avon Lake United Church of Christ) on July 5 from 3-6pm:
- Featured Vendor: Daily Press Juicery!
- Plant Exchange: As always, bring a plant to donate, take a new one home!
- Reusable market bags—100% of proceeds benefit the market!
Recipe of the Week: Egg, Arugula, and Herb Tartine
PREP TIME: 15 minutes (active time)
2 thick slices of good bread
2 big handfuls fresh baby arugula from Coleman Gardens
1 sprig tender rosemary
Several chive stalks
1 tablespoon butter
1 egg from Naked and Happy Eggs
Salt and pepperDIRECTIONS:
1. Toast the bread and scrape on a little butter. Roughly chop the herbs and arugula as the rest of the butter heats in a small heavy sauté pan. Sauté the herbs and greens for just about a minute or until slightly wilted. Add the egg and quickly cook over medium heat until barely scrambled around the greens.
2. Remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper, pile on the toasted bread, and eat immediately.
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn.